Welcome to My View - Introductory Blog
Hello and welcome to my view!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Krystal Haseltine and I've been an avid photographer for over 20 years. My first love for photography started in high school mainly capturing moments between my friends and I. My senior year I took a film photography class which deepened my love and understanding for the art of photography. As I grew older, I wasn't as active in photography and my mental health took a tool. In 2013 I went to rehab for my addiction and mental health and soon moved to Tennessee. In Tennessee my passion for photography re-ignited - especially after giving birth to my daughter. Her first Christmas I took a photo on my IPhone that lead to me pursing that passion.
| Image taken by Krystal in 2014 that sparked a photography business. |
I ran a small photography business from 2015 - 2019 offering portrait photography and while I enjoyed it- it dimmed my love for photography a bit. I decided to close the business in 2019 after nearing the end of my bachelors degree and wanting to go into my chosen field. So I did! I gave up the arts and went to work on a crisis line supporting others.... and I loved it!
![]() |
| Krystal and her daughter, College Graduation |
I worked for a major agency for 5 years before being laid off in October 2025. I found myself in a strange situation. I worked my way up to Director, 988 Follow Up with a bachelors degree and was now deemed "too qualified" for some entry level positions and "under qualified" due to not having a masters degree in others. Leaving this role was difficult. I made so many connections and built up so much not only within the program but also myself. I find myself now in this position of do I continue in social work and potentially get laid off again within the next few years - or do I pivot?
So I'm taking a chance. I'm pursing my passion and pivoting to focusing my art on nature - which grounds me. It's allowing me a chance to slow down and enjoy life. I feel very privileged to be able to focus on my art and trying to build this as my new livelihood so follow along and see where this journey takes me!
Best,
Through the Krystal Lens
.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment