A Juried Contest

2026 Downtown Artists Cooperative Juried Photography Exhibit. 


Last night, I attended the opening reception at the Downtown Artists Cooperative! For the first time ever, I entered three of my photography pieces into a juried exhibit. Since I’d never done this before, I truly didn't know what to expect.

We arrived at 5:00 PM just as the hustle and bustle began. They served delicious hors d'oeuvres, wine, and the best hot apple cider I’ve had since autumn. As we explored the exhibit, I fell in love with a photograph of a Louisiana Blue Crab. Before the event, I’d set firm expectations for myself and my family: this was my first show, and I wasn't looking for a placement. I just wanted to enjoy the process and appreciate the beautiful art.



At 6:30 PM sharp, they began announcing the winners. I had submitted all three of my pieces to the Flora/Fauna category. As they called out the names, I was prepared to remain in the audience—especially after they passed the Honorable Mentions and second place. I was absolutely flabbergasted when they announced my piece, POND-ERING, as the first-place winner!

It took a full minute for the news to sink in. I looked at my mom, who was just as shocked as I was, before heading up to claim my prize. My entire entourage—parents, sister, and daughter—were in tears. I’m still processing the fact that I won with an image I took right in our front yard last summer!

The moral of the story? Believe in yourself, because you might just surprise yourself with what you can achieve.



The photography exhibit will run until February 28th! If you're in the Clarksville, Tennessee area I implore you to go see the exhibit and the talented photographers within the Clarksville region! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to My View - Introductory Blog

My Thoughts on Going Instagram Viral

The Years End - That's a Wrap 2025